Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Pacific, Unite, Take Back the Night!"

This past April (Sexual Assault Awareness Month), I was asked to be the keynote speaker at University of the Pacific's Take Back the Night event. After participating in this incredible event in 2011, I was beyond excited to share my message once again; a message of hope and healing for all survivors of sexual abuse.

I arrived at University of the Pacific's campus, where I was greeted by numerous friends, family members, and Pacific students, staff, and alumni. After hearing from the Women's Resource Center's Director, Corrie, I was asked to speak about my experience as a survivor of sexual assault, my healing process, and the Saving Stephanie organization. Being able to share my experience was emotional, especially as I looked up to see so many people supporting me, and other survivors of sexual assault. There are truly no words to express how grateful I am for those who attended the Take Back the Night event, and for those who walked along side of me during the march/rally around the school's campus!

The work the Women's Resource Center does at University of the Pacific is truly remarkable, and I am so thankful for their support of the Saving Stephanie organization. Search them on Facebook, and like their page-"University of the Pacific Women's Resource Center".



No comments:

Post a Comment